Reconfiguring Valve Controller Wi-Fi
A Valve Controller's Wi-Fi settings can be configured without risk of data loss. Updating the Wi-Fi requires being physically near the Device.
- From the "Home" screen, select the Location containing the Valve Controller you want to reconfigure
- Scroll to find the Device and tap to select it
- Under "Network", tap the forward arrow
- A message asking "Guardian Wants to Join Wi-Fi Network 'Guardian-XXXX'?" will pop up
- Press "Join"
- Once connected, you will be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi network name and password
- Enter your Wi-Fi credentials
- NOTE: Wi-Fi name is case sensitive
- After entering your information, click "Done"
- Wait a moment while the Wi-Fi on your Valve Controller is reconfigured
- You will hear a series of beeps during this process
- If the new connection fails, the Valve Controller will fall-back to the most recently held GOOD Wi-Fi credentials
- After a few moments you will see the Valve Controller become active again in-app