Testing Your System
It's a good idea to confirm the connection between your Leak Detectors and your Valve Controller from time to time.
- Tap a Location with the devices you wish to test.
- Ensure that your Valve Controller is connected and paired with a Leak Detector
- Tap on the Valve Controller icon
- Open and close your Valve Controller from the app using the switch to confirm that it is online and responsive.
- Make sure the Valve Controller is in the “OPEN” state before continuing.
- Pour some water on a paired Leak Detector
- You will hear a series of beeps from the Leak Detector and your Valve Controller will close
Here are some common issues you may have uncovered during this test:
- If the Valve Controller did not close but the Leak Detector beeped, the sensor may not be paired to your Valve Controller. Try adding your sensor one more time.
- If the Leak Detector did not beep when you poured water on it, its battery is likely dead. Please contact us if this is the case, since the battery should not die before fifteen years.