1. Once you open the Guardian app, please create a new account (if you are a first-time user) and then log in.
2. Open your app, you will be prompted to add a new Location. Enter the name of your location and then click "Add Location". Your devices (Valve Controller, Leak Detector) will be added inside Locations to help keep you organized. If you have previously created a Location, you may ignore this step. Once you add a Location, you will see it under the “Home” tab.
3. After creating a new Location or navigating to a previously created location (by clicking on the ≡ icon on the top left-hand corner and selecting your desired location from the list), click on the "Devices" tab at the bottom of your app and then click on the "+" sign.
4. Click on "Valve Controller". Enter your Valve Controller's 4 digit PIN which can be found on the yellow sticker on your Controller. Enter a unique name for your Valve Controller and then press "Connect to Valve". At this point, your phone will automatically connect to the Valve Controller's internal hotspot "Guardian -XXXX". Please note that this hotspot does not have an internet connection (you cannot use it to browse the internet or control your Valve Controller. It is meant solely for the pairing process)
5. The App will then ask you to select your Wi-Fi network name from a list and enter its password. Then, click on "Connect to Network" to configure your Controller to your Wi-Fi. Your phone will switch back to your Wi-Fi network at this step.
6. The App will take a few minutes to complete the Wi-Fi setup. Once done, it will notify you. Click on "Finish".
7. Now you have successfully added your Valve Controller to the App and can check its status under the "Devices" tab.